Here are a few of my thoughts about the November 2 election. Don’t worry, these are general musings and shouldn’t offend anyone.
1) Polls lie, in pretty much every instance. Why do they carry so much weight?
2) I finally broke my previous streak of only donating to losing campaigns. Fear not politicians, in the 2012 election I can donate to your campaign without it meaning doom for your candidacy. (Can anyone guess which politician I donated money to that actually won last night?)
3) Tracking results online by refreshing the Secretary of State’s website isn’t the same as watching them on TV, aka I miss cable.
4) People are gluttons for punishment when it comes to stale, useless politicians.
5) I am slightly less enamored by my home state of Colorado after this election, which is very unfortunate.
6) I voted for a third-party candidate in this election. Feels good to break the party lines once in a while.
Alright, that is my two cents. No matter which side you’re on, I hope we can all agree that America is an amazing country and we are all fortunate to live here.