Have you ever driven from Los Angeles to Denver, or vice-versa? If not, I recommend it. I’ve done the trip 7 times in the last 6 years, and each time I’ve dreaded the 17-hour drive, but have ended up enjoying the experience. Here are some of the reasons that make it a great route for a roadtrip.
1) You either start or end in California, so you get to see the ocean.
2) For someone looking to visit lots of U.S. states, this is a pretty good route as you go through 5, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado.
3) You go through Vegas. Enough said.
4) You see some of the prettiest terrain in Utah, right outside Arches National Park.
5) There is very little traffic, meaning you can relax a bit and play roadtrip games.
I did this drive about 2 weeks ago, leaving Los Angeles, where I went to school and then worked for 2.5 years following school, for Denver, where I am from. This trip was a bit more interesting because in addition to my car, we also had a large Budget truck with all of Luke and my belongings. My mom and Luke’s mom joined us for the trip, so it was a great time. We stopped in Mesquite, Nevada for a night, and then in Grand Junction, Colorado for a night. Breaking the trip up over 3 days was a great way to do it, especially with the heavy, slow truck.
*Unfortunately, most of my roadtrip pics are on my phone, and these blurry ones are the only ones that I have on my camera.
I hope you will have a chance to see this beautiful stretch of the country. And I’m happy to say that we are settling into our new place and love it!